Vacancies in the Muay Thai kickboxing classes at Amroth Parish Hall, Summerhill on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. (see our ‘what’s on’/’current events’)
Saundersfoot Medical Centre and Kilgetty Branch Surgery
Following the elections in May, County Councillors Chris Williams and Alec Cormack held an introductory meeting with Judith Linton, Acting Practice Manager for Saundersfoot Medical Centre and Kilgetty Branch Surgery. Ms Linton briefly outlined the tremendous pressure that the Practice had been working under over the last two and a half years of the COVID crisis. The Councillors expressed the thanks of the communities of Saundersfoot and Amroth for the heroic efforts all of the staff had made over that time. They pledged to work closely with the surgery to help them continue to provide excellent healthcare in the area. Ms Linton then outlined the recent changes made by the surgery in light of the recent relaxation of COVID regulations
. • Appointments may be booked by telephone or by calling in person at the surgery in Saundersfoot. The phone lines are open between 8.00am-6.30pm Monday to Friday. If patients wish to book appointments in person, the request is to attend the surgery after 9.00am. Appointments can also be made in person at Kilgetty surgery – opening hours as below.
• The surgery doors are open until 6.00pm however all prescriptions should be collected before 5.30pm.
• If a same day appointment is required you should telephone between 08:00 and 08:30. Non-urgent appointments, for a later date, may be made at any time the surgery is open.
• Depending on the reason for the appointment, patients may request either a telephone callback by a member of the medical staff, or book an in-person appointment either in Saundersfoot or Kilgetty.
• Welsh Government restrictions now mean that it is no longer necessary to wear a mask when visiting the surgery. However, if patients are concerned, they should continue wearing their mask at the surgery.
• Planning work is in progress to update the Saundersfoot Medical Centre’s website and to enable appointments to be made online through MHOL (My Health on Line). Ms Linton highlighted that even though the COVID restrictions were being relaxed, medical staff were dealing with a much higher workload than normal and it might still be some months before service levels were back to normal. Ms Linton has asked for help sharing this information with all local residents.
Opening 8.15am Monday – Friday
Lunch closure 1pm-2pm Monday to Friday
Closing 5.00pm Monday & Tuesday
Closing 4.45pm Wednesday & Thursday
Closing 4.15pm Friday