Welcome to Wiseman's Bridge
Please wait for STREETVIEW to load.



View Larger Map


WISEMAN’S BRIDGE is a tiny hamlet straddled along a deep-sided wooded valley facing south towards a part rocky and part sandy beach. It is a great location to watch sea life or just sit and relax and watch the activities at sea. The land in this area was owned by an Andrew Wiseman in 1329. Consequently, the owners name was used as a place name. The hamlet was to become well-known during the Second World War. In 1943, Churchill visited the area as the allies practiced for the D day landings prior to the Normandy invasions. Wiseman’s Bridge has a good pub on the beach, caravan and camping sites and is a popular resort for visitors.

Amroth Seafront Amroth from below the slipway
 

Please click on the images above
for a larger image.


web design by www.mouseklix.co.uk